Receive up to BM$16 by attending this module. BM$ can be used to offset future course fee payments.
[This module is tailored for the individual aspiring to play contemporary praise songs]
If you've always wanted to play the keyboard, this is where your journey begins. This essential module offers you a genuine opportunity to speedily pick up keyboard playing. Right from the first lesson, you will be taught how to play a song. By the end of this 11-week module, you would have played more than 15 songs.
Enjoy a one-time waiver of the administration fees when you enroll before the registration deadline. This offer is limited to the first 100 registrations per intake.
Earn BM$s to offset future course fee payments:
- Bonus BM$ reward upon completion of each course (Not applicable for Clinic Sessions)
- Earn unlimited BM$ when you refer friends by sharing your unique code with them
Terms & Conditions
• Monthly Course Fees above are before discounts and BM$ redemptions
• Full term course fees breakdown:
○ 3 x Monthly Course Fees
○ Lessons are 60 min. per week group sessions.
○ $12.90 administration fee [payable per course registration]
○ $25.00 lifetime membership fee [applicable for 1st time registrations ONLY]
○ Fees stated are inclusive of prevailing GST
• Eligible discount(s) will automatically be reflected upon registration – discount(s) will be applied according to their respective terms & conditions
• Interest-free instalment plans are available for UOB, DBS & POSB credit card holders. Click here for more information
• Make-up classes
○ Make-up classes can be booked directly through the Member Portal
○ Class selection is subject to availability at the time of booking
○ Make-up classes may be scheduled in advance for the same week of absence
Who should sign up for this module? Am I eligible to signup?
You are eligible for this module if you have:
i) No knowledge of music or keyboard playing
ii) Had some classical piano training in the past (Grades 1 - 3) but stopped in the early stages
Is there an age limit?
We accept registrations from ages 13 and above. We will channel students to classes of compatible age groups wherever possible.
What will be covered during the 11 weeks?
Our main objective is to equip you to play confidently on the keyboard. Coverage includes: Rhythm Fundamentals - Basic Scale Construction - Basic Chord Construction - Song Application
Do I need to know how to read musical notation before attending the training sessions?
No knowledge of music notation is required at all. We are using a separate system from the conventional keyboard teaching protocol. This knowledge will be imparted only later at a timely juncture. Once again, our main objective is to equip you to express yourself confidently on the keyboard.
I have some experience on the classical piano in the past. However, I arrived at a plateau in my growth as a musician especially in the area of personal worship. Is this program suitable for me?
As a piano student, you should already understand the basics of rhythm, chord construction and scale construction. What we will do in this module is to show how beginners can use these concepts in actual playing. If you feel that you need to learn these from a basic level, you are welcomed to join the classes. If not, you may proceed to WDI.
I do not have an instrument for home practice. Do you have any recommendations?
It is good to have an instrument of your own since you would be practicing often. Please click on "Instrument Packages" to find out more.
What is the difference between an acoustic piano and an electric/digital piano?
Both the acoustic piano and electric piano use what is known as weighted keys so they are, in fact, very similar. However, the "touch" of these keys may vary as the acoustic piano keys generally requires greater skill in handling especially if you wish to control the volume of the sound. The electric piano on the other hand offers you the option of turning the volume low if you with to practice quietly or even silently at night, using headphones. The keys are slightly lighter in touch so making it easier for the beginner to handle. You will also have other instrument sounds and functions on the electric piano you can use, besides the piano sound. There is also no need for tuning maintenance, which is required for the acoustic piano.
Is it FUN?
Music has the power to affect our emotions and the way we see things. As you begin this journey into this awesome creation of God, you will start to express yourself in a new way! In addition, all sessions are conducted in a class setting so you will get to meet people of the same passion pursuing the same skill together with you! Our coaches also ensure you get personal attention in the midst of coaching the class as a group. We encourage you to come with an open mind and experience music with us!